Sunday, November 28, 2010

A trip down memory lane

So since Mark's mom has moved to Tallulah, our Thanksgiving trip took us much closer to Coach Carroll's ole' "stomping grounds" so-to-speak, and since his children had never seen where he grew up, we got to venture through some of the finer spots of north Louisiana. (I don't mean to be so sassy, well... actually I do, but I'm just teasing b/c I grew up in an actual city and he grew up in the middle of no where; that being said, it is actually quite beautiful - if you like the no Walmart or mall in sight kind of upbringing!)

Here we are driving through Newellton, where Mark first lived:




This is the 'famous' football field where he played little league baseball and 9th grade football:



Go Bears!:



This is Mark's first house in Newellton:




... and this is my personal favorite. This is the bank where Mark was born! What did you say? He was born in a bank? No, it evidently was a hospital at one time, and he likes to say he was born by the 2nd teller (tee-hee). Even more ironic is the fact that his sister now works at this bank!



Now we are driving through St. Joseph Louisiana and the home of Lake Bruin (... and Coach Carroll's infamous high school years) These are some of the newer and fancier houses that are on the lake now. They are quite gorgeous and big! Maybe one day the Carroll's can have a small retirement home there. (once my need for shopping has subsided - and there's always QVC!)





Downtown St. Joseph (kinda reminds me of New York City!):





Mark's first home in St. Joseph:




Mark's 2nd home in St. Joseph - right across the street from his high school:





Ah, yes, and finally, the high school that produced the now world famous Coach Carroll - Tensas Academy. Geaux Chiefs!




It was actually quite fun to drive through Mark's neck of the woods (literally), and I think the girls got a kick out of it. Maybe over Christmas I'll take him to Olympia stadium and the parking lot of Mr. Gatti's on Essen to show him my old 'stomping ground'! Later!






No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!