Sunday, March 25, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Parade at Nannie Kim's

The girls and I have gone to the St. Patrick's day parade in Baton Rouge several times with  my sister Kim, but for one reason or another had not been in a few years.  Luckily this year we were able to go, and I was very excited b/c my brother in law, Richard was boiling crawfish afterwards.  (Mark, of course, never goes b/c of the almighty baseball!)

Here the girls and I get a Carroll family photo in our green.  Don't you love my Kermit shirt?



Mrs. Richard and his girls waiting for the parade to start:


Kim and I wait for the parade:



Kim and Addie (Richard's granddaughter):


Here comes the parade!


Emma and her flower (from the drunk man in the kilt):



Richard and all his girls!


The Budweiser horses (this one's for you daddy!)


This one is also for Mark (I'd love to see him in a kilt):


Throw me something, mister!


So, as I mentioned earlier, Richard boiled crawfish afterwards.  Katie, of course, won't touch them, but I knew Emma would eat some if I peeled them for her.  After I peeled a few, Emma asked if Iwould show her how to peel them, and would you like to know she did it!  She peeled about 10 of them and ate them.  I was so proud of my little cajun girl!



Here's the whole crew:  Basically, it was my parents, my nephews (Kim's 2 boys), Richard's daughter and her boyfriend and their combined kids - what a great time!





Then... this Sunday, the girls and I (Mark had another All Star game meeting, notice a pattern here???) went to City Park and played on the playground.  It was a gorgeous day.  They have a great dog park there, and we promised Jovi we'd take her next time!


No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!