Sunday, April 17, 2011

Willows Easter Egg hunt

I had noticed in the front of our neighborhood an obscure little sign for a neighborhood Easter egg hunt this Sunday at 3 pm. (they could use some "Missy help" with their signs - but that's another whole conceited story)... anyway, I don't think the girls noticed b/c they never said anything about it. Well the girls and I watched an "old" Disney movie (Hunchback of Notre Dame - I was reminiscing about an old WDW trip) and it ended right before 3. As I glanced out our kitchen window I noticed (and so did Katie) a semi large group of people walking down the street with Easter baskets and I remembered the hunt, which was just down the street. I asked the girls if they wanted to go - and of course they did. It was quaint - maybe about 30 kids total, but I'm pretty sure this is the first year they've done it. It was low pressure and the girls got free candy, which was pretty much gone by the time we walked back home. Here are the photos: Its such a shame I can't get my girls to pose: Did I mention the "blow up guy" is our neighborhood association president? Hunting for eggs, I asked Katie to please not knock over any toddlers. Luckily they separated the little kids and the big kids: Katie find a shiny green egg:
Emma hunts for her own treats!



This is the last year Katie can hunt; they stopped it at 10 years old. Next year I guess she'll have to bargain with Emma for her candy!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!