Sunday, November 4, 2012

Girl Scout day at the Corn Maze

Emma has taken on a new adventure this year we call Girl Scouts.  I am so excited about this because I was a Girl Scout back in the 70's, and it was a very fun time even back then.  She is in a troop with mostly girls who go to other schools, so it gives her a chance to make some new friends.  She has really enjoyed it, and is obsessed with getting new patches!

The Saturday of the Alabama game (which shall go unmentioned after this), we got up very early and headed to the Country Corn Maze in Pine Grove, which is about 45 minutes north of my house.  It was a foggy day, and I was very glad to have Mark with me.  It was Girl Scout day and the girls got a patch for attending that day and bringing canned good for a food drive.  Luckily our whole family was able to go.


Mark and the girls before we went in

Emma's height measurement at about 4 feet.


Katie's measurement at about 5 foot 6!!  That's about 4 inches on me.
Emma and her buddy McKenzie, who actually goes to Northside with her.


Emma, Gabby, McKenzie and Mia waiting to go in the Corn Maze.

Katie jumping on the "pillow"


McKenzie and Emma wait for the "crazy" cow ride

You could hear them laughing and screaming all the way across the yard!

The favorite part of the day!
  We all had a great time that day.  After that we went on to Nutcracker ballet practice and then Mark and I headed out to LSU to watch an exciting, but terribly sad ending to a football game.  Like I said, we wont speak any more of that!


No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!