Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Girl Scout camp


Emma had her first sleep away camp this year  at Camp Marydale - Girl Scout camp in St. Francisville.  She decided to do one on horses.  Overall I think she had mixed emotions about it.  She was excited about it, but a little nervous.  It was only for 3 days, and we did get  call the 2nd night with a little homesickness, but she stayed and toughed it out and had a good time.  I don't think she got to ride horses as much as originally planned, but the good thing is she is talking about going back again next year.  I think if she had a friend go with her next time, she might be a little tougher.

Here are a few pictures, I don't have many b/c of course they don't let you tag along at Girl Scout camp!  (Ha-ha)


Her packed things:



Arriving at Marydale:



Mom saying goodbye:


Emma's cabin would be "Bunkhouse" right by the horse barn:


Emma and one of her counselors:


And this is where I left her, at the singing tree:

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!