Sunday, April 25, 2010

Katie's fieldtrip and Trevor's back!

So, this week I went with Katie on her fieldtrip to see "Oceans" at the movies. I was so excited b/c this is "right up my alley" as far as interest goes. Funny thing is, it evidently isn't everyone's favorite thing. Katie and I were so excited after the movie b/c we could name all these animals, like cuttlefish (squid cousin) and the blue whale and the clown fish (Nemo) and so on. Meanwhile, afterwards the discussion amongst the moms was how they fell asleep and how boring it was...... WHAT?! It was like Disney's version of Planet Earth, and the Carroll nerds loved it!

The entire Northside Elementary went, and the theaters were reserved for us, very cool:




Katie and some of her friends playing at the park afterwards:



The other exciting event of the weekend was the return of Trevor the Turtle. Several months ago a turtle showed up in our yard and interested the girls for a few hours on a Saturday. They named him Trevor, and he disappeared later that afternoon. After the rain this past Saturday morning, Jovi went out to "do her business", and returned with a nose full of mud.... why, you ask? Well, I found the reason when I turned the corner of the house, and there was a mud-caked Trevor!:





Once again, they played with him (her?) for awhile, and then I suggested they put Trevor in the back yard by our lone tree. He disappeared a few minutes later, as Emma cried in the hallway.. " I miss Trevor!!!"

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!