Sunday, August 8, 2010

"..... down in Sugarland."

So, several weeks ago, I got an email from the River Center about a presale for tickets to see Sugarland. We didn't know they were coming to Baton Rouge, so I surprised my family (mainly Mark and Katie, who listen to them all the time in the truck) with tickets for all of us! This was a very special treat for the girls who had never been to a "real" concert, unless you count the Wiggles or the Doodlebops (remember them?). Funny story... during the concert, Emma told Mark that this was the "best concert she had ever been too"... then she leaned over and asked him..."Is this my first concert, daddy?" Too cute!

Here are my cowgirls in their new San Antonio hats. First, typical Katie-inspired pose:




Now, a normal one:



The journey to and from the concert was not the best we have ever had. I desperately need to do some research on other options for parking besides the garages right by the River Center. It took us an HOUR once we got off the interstate to reach the parking garage. This is how Katie dealt with the situation:




The opening act for Sugarland was the Indigo Girls, which may not mean a lot to most of you, but for my college friends (especially Eleanor), this was a big group for us in college. I had already seen them twice while we were at LSU. Because the traffic was so bad parking, I only got to hear them play a few songs, but the last one was Closer to Fine, which is the best! They still sound as great as they did almost 20 years ago.

Here are Amy and Emily (aka, the Indigo Girls):





Our seats were kinda far back, but they has this amazing TV screen in the middle so we could really see what was going on. Here is Jennifer (Nettles) singing her heart out. She sounds amazing and is very "peppy" on stage:





Jennifer and Christian:




This was a kind of "campfire" (as she put it) style version of one of our favorites:





This is how Katie spent most of the concert, dancing and singing. It was priceless, but the best part was that after every song, Katie would stand up and do the rocker fingers (you know, with the pointer finger and pinkie up, two fingers down in the middle) and give the Mrs. Julie "woo-hoo" as loud as she could. (too funny!)





I love this picture of Katie at her first "real" concert:





I should also say the Emma told me she was going to scream "I love Sugarland" at the end of a song ( kinda like she was "gettting crazy"), and she would after every other song or two, and it was so funny b/c you could barely hear it over the applause.... "I love you Sugarland!" My wild child!

When we were on our way out, we spotted the equipment trucks with the big "Sugarland" on the side and I was about to take a picture of my family with the trucks in the background, when someone offered to take a picture of the four of us. It turned out to be a great picture, but you can't really see the trucks in the background. Just take my word for it!

In summmary, a great time was passed by all!









No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!