Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day (Louisiana style)

So we some how managed to get not one, but 2 days of school off this week because of the threat of sleet and ice (snow... not so likely). While my sister dealt with multiple inches of snow in Plano, this is what our "snow day" looked like:




Lots of rain and very cold, but locally we didn't see any ice. I think there was some just north of us, but nothing yet. So the Carrolls took the opportunity to clean house (fun, yes!), get groceries, fix big breakfasts and make our vacation countdown calendar! As you can see at the top of the blog page, we are going on the new Disney cruise ship - the Dream. We are fast approaching the 100 day mark. Last time we went to Disney, we made a count down calendar, so we had to do it again:



Here Emma puts stickers on the poster:









... and here is the final product. We are at day 107 right now, so we won't be marking off days yet, but probably next weekend. Castaway Cay here we come!











2 comments:

Andy Jacobsen said...

And not one mention about how I drove over there, in trecherous conditions, to make Katie walk in bare feet to to my truck to give me a few homemade beignets?

Julie said...

Pay no attention to my husband! ;) So jealous of your trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!