Saturday, October 8, 2011

DSHS homecoming

So last week at school was Homecoming week. It is a crazy week with dress up days and contests and so forth. This year, they asked a few teachers, myself included, to be part of a fund raiser for MDA. The kids put money in buckets in the cafeteria at lunch and whoever had the most money in their bucket would get a pie in the face! (More on that later). Here is my wanted poster:


I usually don't check the girls out to come to a pep rally, but decided to for the first time this week. Here are Katie and Emma with Nicole. She was one of my students, and she has babysat for us a few times:



Here are the girls before the pep rally starts:


Justin (one of Daddy's "boys") and Emma having a staring contest:




Everyone's favorite Jackettes dancing:




Singing the Alma Mater:




Announcing the homecoming court:





Back to the pie contest. So here are the candidates lined up before the pie in the face. Check out my pose. I was trying to get Mark to take some pictures with my camera, but he was so far away. Don't I look like a hot cafeteria lady?





Here we are after the pie throwing. Notice I am clean! This is the only reason I volunteered b/c I knew the coaches would be the ones to get the pie in the face. Mark's two assistant baseball coaches got the pies!




The football teaming praying after the peprally:





Some of the teachers / coach's kids with the cheerleaders after the pep rally:






So here we are at the game now. And everyone's favorite babysitter, Tiffany had to come back to the game to hand over her crown to the new queen. Here she is with the girls and Katie's friend Ali. We teased her a lot about her princess crown!




Tiffany and Emma again:





Mrs. Julie's baby Sarah. The girls, especially Katie can't leave her alone (poor thing):




Coach Bourque and his daughter Kylie (one of my students) as she represents the 10th grade on court:



The Bourque family:





The girls and Randi (who represented the 11th grade on court). She is a Jackette and one of my former students too:




Any way, that was our homecoming day and night. Unfortunately the Jackets football team didn't fare to well that night. Thank goodness the next weekend was better!






No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!