Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Anne Marie's wedding

So, the last of my college "crew" got married last weekend (yes... at my age!).  So needless to say it was a great time of celebration.  Her family really did it up right.  Because Nannie Kim was able to keep the girls for us, Mark and I got to enjoy a wonderful weekend in The Big Easy with friends - a nice break before the start of football season.  We had an amazing time.  

We arrived in New Orleans on Friday night and planned to meet up with the gang in Anne Marie's hotel room at The Monteleone hotel.  Before that Mark and I grabbed a quick bite to eat with Eleanor and Russ at Luke's restaurant (a John Besh restaurant)


Mark and I at Luke's

Russ and Eleanor

Me and Eleanor
 So when we got to the hotel room, we met up with a few people we hadn't seen for quite some time.  The handsome young man in this picture is Anne Marie's "little" brother who is now married and just had a baby boy the week before.  (We saw this guy grow up!).  Also in this picture besides Eleanor and I are Anne Marie (in the pink in the back), her cousin Erinn (next to me), who was also a Phi Mu with us and then Susan (in the back) and Lesley in the front.  This was our little college crew.


Our crew: Lesley, me, Susan, Anne Marie and Eleanor

 So as the night went on (and the wine flowed freely!), we began to dance and sing while Russ played the guitar - good times.
Russ

Eleanor and Anne Marie

Erinn and Eleanor

Party time!

It just happened to be the Bastille Day celebration down town and so we joked about it being fireworks for Anne Marie's celebration (and It was also Lesley's wedding anniversary) - so spare no expense, we also had fireworks at this party!

So, after we drank for a while, Anne Marie and David and some of their New Orleans friends went to get a bite to eat, mistakenly leaving us in her room ALONE!  We decided to have some fun with her veil.  Don't worry, we showed her these pictures at the wedding reception the next night and she died laughing!




I swear sometimes Mark still thinks he's a 20 year old frat boy!

Erinn and I had matching bracelets
 So the next night Anne Marie had buses to shuttle us to and from the hotel, the church and the reception at the Audubon Tea Room.  It was so nice to not have  to worry about driving around the city.

The girls and I before the wedding

Audubon Tea Room at the Zoo - gorgeous

The girls and I with Anne Marie's parents, Louise and Tom

Anne Marie and David before their first dance

Anne Marie and her dad (Awww!)

The whole crew together

At this point the pictures get... well, a little fuzzy shall we say.  I have decided to censor the photos from this point on.  We had a great time and we are so happy for you "half pint".  

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!