Sunday, July 8, 2012

Birthday festivities

So the day after our zoo trip was my birthday, and we had family time at home with the girls, then a fun night out with my sister and friend Eleanor.  It was a nice quiet birthday.


How well does my husband know me?

The girls and I with my Minnie cake.

My sweetie.

My oh so Disney cake from Fairy Dust cakes in town


That night, we went to Matherne's grocery store's wine dinner.  If you have never done one of these, you have to try it (assuming you like wine, and who doesn't?).  They fix a 5 course meal and pair it with wines from a specific vineyard.  The wine representative explains the wines and then you get to try them and buy some if you want after the dinner.  We had a great time and went home with several bottles of my favorite!

Mark and I after a glass or two!

Nannie Kim and Mr. Richard

"Crazy" Eleanor (as my kids say) and Russ

The whole group after the dinner.


We had a great time at the dinner.  We just don't do these things often enough.  What a great day!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!