Sunday, July 8, 2012

Audubon Zoo trip

So I realized just recently that Emma had never been to the New Orleans zoo, and Katie was so little that she doesn't even remember it, so it was on my to do list for the summer.  We finally got there this week.  We were worried that the rain might catch us, but it actually held out the whole day for us - Yeah!  Here are some pictures:


Mark and the girls in front of the elephant fountain.

The girls petting a blue tongue skink!

Emma at the petting zoo.

My not so little turtle!

Posing with "the gorillas"

My girls and I by one of the old oak trees

Hard to tell from the picture, but these pelicans were HUGE!

Girls favorite thing - playing on Monkey Hill

Mark and a faithful Jacket supporter

Giraffes were so close.

Oooo!  She's so scary.

Emma and Mark and I on the alligator.

Gangsta pose in the jaguar jungle

"Normal" pose

Mark and his new eyes spotted the sloth in this tree.

Had to ride the carousel.

Emma soaking wet from the waterfall on Monkey Hill

We had a great time.  We actually didn't do the new "Cool Zoo" splash park b/c the girls were whipped and ready to go home.  We need to add it to our list to do next time.  


No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!