Sunday, December 16, 2012

Nutcracker 2012

Katie has participated in the Baton Rouge Ballet's Nutcracker, a Tale from the Bayou for the past 3 years and really enjoyed it.  This year she decided to sit it out and watch as Emma danced in it.  Emma was a lamb this year, and unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of her in her costume (b/c it never comes home with you and we don't go back stage).  I sent her with a camera, but she didn't get any pictures with the costume on.  I will get posed pictures from a photographer later this month or next month, and I will post those when they come in.  For now, here are the pictures I have.

Katie and Emma before the show:

Me and Emma before the show: 


Emma and her excited look before the show.  (She was very excited about it and had a great time.) 


After the show, she received flowers from us and Nannie Kim (which I somehow managed to get no pictures of, sorry Nannie Kim!)


The little lamb and her proud mom! 


The whole proud family: 


This is one of her lamb buddies, Maddie: 


Downtown Baton Rouge, has a huge tree, and we stopped to take a few more photos: 



Her best ballerina pose! 


After the show, Nannie Kim and Mr. Richard went to eat with us at TJ Ribs, and LSU Santa just happened to be there.  He had cookies for the kids and we got a few great photos: 



Then they took out the Heisman trophy and Mark had to get his photo with it too! 


Emma and Mr. Richard messing around after dinner: 


My future Tiger. 


So I sent Emma with Katie's camera backstage in hopes of getting a few photos with her costume on, but that didn't seem to happen.  She did manage to get a few cute pics of her friends (and some crazy pics, as usual!)

Emma and her Nutcracker bestie, Noelle: 


All the lambs in A cast: 


Emma and the mandatory gansta' photo: 


Typical Emma! 


So proud of both of my ballerinas.  I got a little teary eyed when the lambs came on.  If you haven't been to see it, the lambs are truly one of the cutest parts (b/c they shake their little lamb tails).  The whole production is very impressive, and we have really enjoyed being a part of it for these 4 years now.


No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!