Monday, July 20, 2015

Disney Family Adventure - the Journey

The Carroll's have adventured yet again to the Happiest Place on Earth - aka My Happy place: Walt Disney World.  I think our Disney trips are numbered.  Not for me, mind you, but I think I can only ask Mark to go so many times.  We have a great time when we go, but it is an exhausting trip in July and it did seem extra hot this year.  Needless to say, I was ecstatic the entire time, no matter how much blood, sweat and tears was shed.  Just like the last time we went, I will try and post in terms of the days.  My first post will log "the journey".

Our Magic Bands arrived about 3 weeks before we left.  This is Disney's new ticket method and it also opens up your room doors.  You can also book your Fast Passes for rides in advanced and it all triggers back to your (truly) Magic Band.  This is also how you see your Photo Pass Pictures, which I will probably do as a totally separate post.

They do not come with the cute Mickey stickers;  I found someone on Etsy who makes these.  They had our initials and names on them:





I definitely don't think I am the only one excited about this trip:


The traditional count down calendar:


Who's excited now?




So I tried to take pictures at each state line or rest stop, and they really did not come out.  When we finally made it to the Florida rest stop, as per tradition, we stopped for the free orange juice.  I like this picture of Emma and I but it took Mark about 20 minutes to take it (don't get me started!)





So this year we drove about 8 hours to Lake City and stopped.  I great choice b/c they had a million places to eat by our hotel, and we only had about 2 and a half hours to Disney.  Here are some pics from our hotel there:




So I was basically "too excited to sleep" that night and bounced out of bed the next morning ready to get to DISNEY!  Here Emma and I show our excitement to hit the road:



One of the other cool things about all this Disney technology is that you can receive a text when your room is ready and go straight there.  I got a text that morning that our room would be ready when we got there and we didn't even have to go to the lobby to check in.  How cool?  When we got to Disney around 11:15, since we already had our Magic Bands, we could go straight to our hotel room - and it worked!

When we got there, Mickey had a little surprise for us - a cool ice chest with some yummy treats inside:




We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter, which was great for this Louisiana family.  I picked it because it is the smallest of the moderate resorts, and you don't have to wait hours for a bus.  When you go to Disney at one of the busiest times of the year, you have to do some wise planning!  It was also really nicely landscaped with lots of trees and shade.  I will post some pictures when I get to the end of the roll.  Here are a few of our room:






So we decided to go to Downtown Disney that day and rest of for the parks tomorrow.  I will post our shopping pics in the next post!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!