Monday, July 20, 2015

Quick Downtown Disney and first day at Epcot - my favorite park!

So I mentioned in the last post that I was going to post our first day pics at Downtown Disney and I realized that I didn't take very many pics that afternoon.  We headed out from our resort on the boats to Downtown Disney and went to Splitsville because the girls love it.  It is tons of fun bowling with dance music in the background and drinking!  Emma decided she didn't want the rails, and was kind of pouty at first because it was kind of hard, but it was amazing how quickly she adjusted to the bowling without the rails.  Here are a few pics of our Splitsville trip.





Okay, so this is one of my favorite pics of the trip;  if I had an infinite amount of money, I so would have bought these Princess Leia (sp?) ears for Katie.  Emma actually got a caricature of her as Leia before we left.  I will try and get a pic of it later.



Headed back to the hotel after some shopping and eating.  Here we are relaxing before our first day in the parks:



So the next morning, which happened to be my birthday (hence the pin on my shirt), we headed out to Epcot - my favorite park.  Notice the girls and I have cute little shirts that we made ourselves.  (Thanks for the idea Julie J).  Here we are waiting in the lobby about to head to the bus:



Waiting for the bus:


So we headed out for the park opening and hit a few of the big rides like Soarin' and Mission Space.  Once we had a little break that morning, we headed straight in to meet Mickey and friends.  We didn't even have to wait.  Here are some great pics from those meet and greets:









After that we headed to Test Track which is an entire family favorite.  We have a challenge to build the best car.  This trip Katie and I were a team and Daddy and Emma were a team:





Waiting for Spaceship Earth:


So we like to meet ALOT of characters when we head to Disney.  The girls and I could wait for ever to meet the perfect princess.  Mark may not share our enthusiasm, so I captured this picture when the girls and I were in line to meet Mary Poppins - my favorite!





At this point in the afternoon, it was pretty hot and Mark and Katie rested for a bit, while Emma and I waited in another line to meet Tigger and Pooh:



One of the things the girls and I discovered last trip was getting Henna tattoos in Morocco.  Here we are getting another Henna tattoo:






And this was a FOREVER line in Morocco: meeting Aladin and Jasmine.  Once we got up there, they did visit for a bit with the girls:




I did get a lot of great pics on the trip but the next two are a couple of my favorites.  Love this one of Mark and the girls, and I love the one Katie took of Mark and I:




Riding the boat back to Future world:


So that night we celebrated my birthday at the Garden Grill in The Land at Epcot -one of my favorite character meals. The characters come around a lot, and you get lots of time to spend with them.  Here are pictures of our meals, including the special birthday cake at the end:






Mickey Ear Sangria:









I love Mark's face in this picture - like: "very nice, but I'm really tired!"


Okay, so that's the end of the first full day at Disney.  It was hot and exhausting but lots of fun.  We did better the next day b/c we actually took a break in the middle of the day, rested and when back to the parks.  It was a great birthday for me, and I appreciate my family putting up with it for me.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!