Monday, December 27, 2010

"Real" bowling

Since the Carroll's got a Wii 2 years ago, many people in my family consider themselves quite the bowling experts. Emma, for example can get a "Turkey" several times over. (A turkey, for you bowling novices is 3 strikes in a row - not like I knew that before Wii days!)

Anyway, I had always wanted to take them "real" bowling b/c since Katie has been at Northside, they always get these free passes for games over the school holidays. So right before Christmas, we decided to use these passes. It was quite fun, but slightly harder than the Wii!

Here, Emma takes a swing down the alley.



Funny story, the bowling places have the rails that you can raise for the younger bowlers. Well, in our lane, only one would go up (as you can see on the left) and it never went down. So even Mark and I got the benefit of the left side rail. And it came in handy!

Mark:


Katie:


Emma poses for a second:



Katie poses too:



My favorite part was Emma's "English" on the ball as it went down the lane. Hopefully it helped her ball to go straight!




This lovely picture of me is titled: "look who's in the lead now, um-hum"


The winner poses with the purple ball. I ended up beating Mark by one whole point! And guess who was the only one to get a strike during the game!




See you on the Wii!










No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!