Sunday, December 12, 2010

What happens in New Orleans....

This will be a nonphotographic post as some of my coworkers and possibly my father read this blog. This weekend was the annual Carroll couples only trip to New Orleans for the highschool football finals and coaches clinic in the Superdome. Every year my WONDERFUL sister, also known as "Nannie Kim" keeps the girls so that Mark and I get a weekend by ourselves in NO. We do not get many of those ever, so we really enjoy it. The girls also love staying with Kim b/c she always has fun toys to play with and crafts. Thanks one million Nannie Kim.

We left Friday morning, after we got the kids off to school and the dog off to the spa. We checked into our hotel and had some lunch at a place near the hotel (our coaches regular hangout on this trip). Then we met up with everybody and headed down town for some food and fun. This is where I will become extremely vague about the details of the trip and say "a good time was passed by all!"

Saturday Mark and I went to the D-Day museum b/c we had not been there since it first opened and had not seen the Pacific part. It was, of couse, wonderful and we really enjoyed it. We also ate lunch at the John Besh restaurant there called The American Sector and it was delicious. Mark got chicken and dumplings and I got the meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

After a nap, we went to the superdome to watch some of the 4A game. We met up with some of the other coaches and then Mark and I headed back downtown for dinner at Dickie Brennan's steakhouse - absolutely amazing. As we walked back to the hotel, we stumbled upon a little street Christmas party with Santa Claus and real reindeer. It made me wish the girls were there with us. All weekend, Katie would text me how she missed us - and appropriately enough, Emma didn't even want to talk to us when I called. (Too busy to worry about mom and dad)

Sunday morning, we left NO after breakfast and headed to Nannie Kim's house to get the girls and go home. It was a great time, but also glad to be home and get ready for Christmas!

1 comment:

Julie said...

And just for posterity on my part... I did see some of those pictures!! Lol!

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!