Sunday, December 18, 2011

More Christmas activities....

So as the start of our THREE WEEKS OFF OF SCHOOL begins, the activities start to roll.  The next day after Nutcracker, the girls and I (and dad too... sometimes) started some of our traditions.  We always make gingerbread houses.  Here the girls start their projects:



Here's the candy that came with the kits that is supposed to go on the houses.  What percentage of this candy do you think went on the house, as compared to what went in their mouths.....?



.... I rest my case!


Emma concentrating on her decorations:


Emma's finished project - notice the LSU colored pathway (that's my girl!):


Katie's finished project:


If you saw my Facebook page, you saw the post about how Katie's house has some structural issues about 10 minutes later (the roof fell off), and it kinda looked like the 9th ward after Katrina.  Katie and I left to do some Christmas shopping later and Emma actually fixed it while we were gone.  Maybe there is hope for an engineer in the family (... another one, I should say... Paw - paw).



Later that night, we went to see "the blow ups" down the street from us. 

Here are my incredibly shy children in front of some of the inflatables:




Santa and his sleigh:





The girls and I (look mama is actually IN  a picture! - and don't I look H-O-T!)





Katie tried to take a picture of Mark and I, and some little elf jumped in the picture!





Always the dancer:





The Santa collection:




This year, he has a huge screen set up with movies playing in the back.  The Grinch (with Jim Carrey) was playing when we went:




Mark arguing a typically bad call:

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!