Sunday, December 18, 2011

Nutcracker ballet 2011

This was Katie's third year to dance in the Baton Rouge Ballet Theater's Nutcracker and she always enjoys it.  As you know if you have been, they do an amazing job with it, and our time committment is not overwhelming.  Last year Katie only danced at one performance (b/c they had a lot of cooks), but this year she danced at 2, so I volunteered to work backstage for one (since I could watch the earlier show) so that I could snap a few costume pictures.  (the BRBT doesn't let you take costumes home b/c they use them each year, so the costumes never leave backstage - and you can't take pics during the performance).  So this year I got some cute pics:

Katie in her cook costume:


Katie and her fellow cooks:


This was their "silly pose":


This was Katie and some of her cooks with the tiny little pages that we also helped to get dressed and such before they went on.  They were soooo... cute!


Here are some family photos afterwards.  Daddy and his girls:


Me and my girls:


The proud parents - Emma takes a darn good picture doesn't she?


I can't say enough how proud of my little ballerina I am.  I get so choked up when she dances on stage even if I've seen the dance a million times and hear the music in my sleep.  We love you Katie Bug - Keep on Twirling!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!