Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

So having a week off for Thanksgiving was a welcome break for these hard working teachers / coach.  Mark's schedule keeps us all pretty busy in one way or another, so the girls and I love having him to ourselves every now and then.

That first Saturday we were off, after Katie finished Nutcracker ballet practice, we headed to Vicksburg to visit with Mark's mom who lives in a nursing home in Tallulah (and there are no hotels in Tallulah!)

Here we are waiting for lunch with Grandma:


Too cute, my Emma!


Mark and his mom visit:


Emma couldn't wait for Aunt Denise (Mark's sister) to get there:


After lunch we posed for a few family photos:



After we got home that Monday, we hung around the house and then went to Nannie Kim's for Thanksgiving lunch.  These are my two nephews, Jason and Chad, with Chad's girlfriend:


Daddy and Katie at lunch:


Katie and Nannie Kim:


Emmma and Nannie Kim:


Playing some guitar after lunch with Mr. Richard:


So my coworkers have turned me onto Pinterest, and I am now obsessed with the crafts and activities on this website / ap.  I have a list about a mile long of things I want to do with the girls on this site.  Over the holidays we made homemade sidewalk paint (just as good as the kind I have bought at the Broadmoor craft fair).  Its just water, cornstarch and food coloring, and it stays on the cement for ever (in a good way - it washes off with water, it just looks very 'vibrant' on the driveway).

Here's our paint:


Here are the girls painting: 


Sorry I didn't get any close ups of their art work, but I'm sure we'll do this again over our 3 week Christmas break!  (woo-hoo!)

Jovi, also enjoyed the weather!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!