Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Park 8: The water park and hanging out at the hotel

So sadly enough, everything good must come to an end.  The last day of our trip (actually the day before we left), we decided to go the Blizzard Beach - the Disney water park that I had actually not gone to before.  We had visited Typhoon Lagoon when Katie was 3 (and I was pregnant with Emma), but we couldn't do much b/c she was so little and I was "with child".  I brought my camera, but it didn't even make it out of my bag.  We had so much fun.  Emma likes the big slides like her mama, and Katie eventually warmed up to some of the slides - like the family slide which was a blast.  Here are some of the Disney Photopass pictures that we got on our CD:













After our day in the water park, we decided to hang out at the hotel and take it easy b/c I had a ton of packing to do.  We swam at the pool and took the monorail back to the Polynesian that evening to eat.  I had the best pulled pork nachos, and of course, we had to get our last Mickey cupcakes.  Mine is the one of the left - peanut butter and jelly cupcake (amazing), and Katie got the chocolate Mickey one of the right (too cute):





The next morning, we finished packing up and I took a few pictures of our room:






One of Emma and I's adventures in our hotel were the Disney prints outside each elevator.  We noticed that when we got out of different floors in our hotel that each print was different.;  Our floor had a Cinderella print, and the one to cross over to the Contemporary and catch the monorail was (of course) a monorail print.  Other floors had Goofy and Snow White and so forth.  One day Emma and I kind of played a game getting off on different floors guessing what the print would be.  I love things like this with her because she is still "little" and enjoys things like that.



I took a few more snapshots of the hotel and the girls and I while we waited for Mark to get the car.  Why do my kids love stuffed animals so much?


Lobby check in:




I am so faking a smile here b/c I am about the break down and cry because I have to leave my happy place!








We absolutely LOVED this hotel.  Mark and I discussed about the 2nd day we were there, that we may never be able to stay at another resort in Disney.  Having the proximity to the parks and the monorail was amazing.  If you have to travel at a busy time of year, which with school age kids and 2 teachers for parents will almost always be the case, then you can not beat the Bay Lake towers.  We may not get to go there every year, but when we do go, we go BIG!  Absolutely, hands down one of the best vacations ever - and I think everyone in the Carroll family would agree to that.  Don't worry, I think I'll blog one more time on this trip.  I'm going to try and put some videos on and also some of our really cute Disney Photopass pictures.  Until then, have a magical day!


1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY CHRISTIAN BLOG

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!