Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Part 4 - a day in Hollywood Studios

We headed to "the Studios" the next day, and we had to make sure to get their early because we knew the line at Toy Story Mania would be crazy later that day (trust me, been there, done that before).  The big theme at the studios right now is all the Monsters University stuff.  We saw the movie right before we left on the trip, and it is definitely hilarious.  We were all dying to meet Sulley and Mike Wazowski.

Monsters University characters in topiary:


This is one of my favorite pictures from the trip:


Waiting in line at Toy Story:



So I'm trying to breed at least one roller coaster rider in my family, and I think I may have finally succeeded.  Emma's first roller coaster was Rockin' Roller coaster at the Studios.  I'm not going to lie.  She got a little scared once she actually saw the car take off so fast, and I thought she may not ride it, but she was really determined.  So I told her to close her eyes when it took off, and as soon as we took off and went into the first loop she screamed: "this is awesome!"  Yeah!



Emma also got picked to dance in one of the little street performer shows at the studios.  So much fun!



When we met back up with Mark and Katie after riding Rockin' roller coaster and Tower of Terror (which Emma did decide once was enough for that one!) they were waiting in line for an animation class.  This was a very cool thing that we have never done before.  Katie really enjoyed this.



Meeting up with Wreck It Ralph and Vanillope:


Meeting Frozone and Mr. Incredible - this was one of the funnest character interactions on the trip.  They really played it up:





So, like I mentioned, Monsters Inc is very big right now in Disney.  In fact, our wake up call every morning was from Mike Wazowski.  We did get to meet these celebrities in the back of the studios:



We had lunch at Sci Fi Dine in Theater.  I had eaten there once before a very long time ago, and I know this place doesn't get great reviews, but our meal was very good.  Here are Katie and Emma in our lunch "car".



So we probably left the studios about 3 or 4 in the afternoon.  We decided to take it easy that evening and hang out at the hotel.  Our hotel  had a "community hall" where they had free (or not so free) activities for kids and families.  The girls and I decided to make some ceramics while we were there.  Emma made a Belle "box", and Katie painted a Mickey Mouse mug.  I painted a spoon rest for my kitchen.  They actually came out pretty cute!



I'll try and remember to take some pictures of our creations to add at the end of these blogs, but right now I don't have a picture.  I also need to snap a shot of Emma's caricature from the artist at the hotel because it is precious.  Lots of fun memories!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!