Sunday, July 21, 2013

Part 7: Back to Epcot and the Magic Kingdom

For our next day, I had kind of left it open to what the girls wanted to do, and I knew their favorite rides were in Epcot.  Since we had a few late mornings before this day, they were ready to go early.  They decided they wanted to go back to Epcot to ride Test Track, Soarin' and Mission Space again.  After we hit the big rides we headed back to World Showcase to do a few more things and meet some characters.  


Mary Poppins topiary in England:




Meeting Mary Poppins herself:


 Heading to France to meet Belle:


Belle in her "casual" outfit:



While waiting for a drink, Mark turned into the duck whisperer:


So after a quick rest at the hotel, we were heading back to the Magic Kingdom for part 2 of by birthday celebration.  I am wearing my birthday pin again because we were going to eat at the Be Our Guest restaurant in the Beast's castle, and if you are celebrating a special occasion, you get "the gray stuff".  (Like "Try the gray stuff, its delicious..." from the Be Our Guest song from Beauty and the Beast).  You can't order it off the menu - cool huh?  So please excuse my semi-lie about my birthday - just for tonight!

Notice also, my new dress - can you find the hidden Mickeys?


The Magic Kingdom



Be Our Guest Restaurant:




Gaston's tavern:



We did NOT let him buy this shirt:


Waiting for our reservation at the restaurant:


Our rose napkins:





My dinner: Shrimp and Scallops in puff pastry:


Katie's chocolate cupcake:


Emma's lemon cupcake:


The infamous grey stuff, and my birthday card from Belle and the Beast:






I tried to take a few more pictures around Beast's castle, and it was just too dark.  My camera does not take great pictures from a distance in the dark.  


After dinner we did a few more rides in the New Fantasyland like the Little Mermaid ride:






We also met Daisy (finally):


And Minnie - how cute is her outfit?:


Okay, so I randomly took this picture when we were headed to ride Dumbo, and I think it might be my favorite picture from the trip.  Its just a nice casual smile from both of them.  And also,they look like they might actually  enjoy each other's company (it can happen)!



Like this one too:


So our evenings in Magic Kingdom worked pretty good for lines (not being too long), but the only one we did have a long wait for (about 30 minutes) was... guess which one.... yep - Peter Pan!  Its a must do, so we did wait.  Here is Emma and I's reaction:



Lastly in New Fantasyland, the girls and I rode the tea cups.  This is definitely a no go for Mark.  He can not do the spinning thing.  I got a few pics on it.




That same night we also did a few things in Tomorrowland - Buzz light year, the people mover and the comedy floor with Monsters Inc.  Emma was so excited that she got picked out of the audience for part of the show.  Too cute!

I'll be wrapping up this adventure soon.  We head to the water parks tomorrow and then say good bye to Disney.  (sniff, sniff).

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!