Friday, June 3, 2011

Animator's palate and etc...

This continues our first day/ night on the cruise. Here is our stateroom, # 6542. We had an oceanview room with a verandah. It was pretty nice (althought I have nothing to compare it to!). It's amazing how big the ship was, and it took us about 2 days to remember which part of the ship our room was in. We were 'forward' in the ship.




Here are the girls on the verandah:


Mark videoing the room:




After we got into our room, we took the girls swimming on deck 11. Our bags hadn't arrived yet, but I had packed the girls' suits. I don't remember where Katie was at this time, but Emma and I were waiting for her to do the slide, when Mickey and Minnie came on deck to take pictures:


Emma and Minnie:




Emma and Mickey:





Katie must have gotten out of the pool, and here they both are with Goofy:





That night we ate at Animator's Palate, which was the restaurant we had been dying to eat at b/c it has the interactive Crush (from Nemo) screens. I didn't get a lot of pictures from the "show" with Crush, but I did video some. Katie and I:





Mark and Emma, notice the adorable seats (would love some in my house):






Our place settings:






Here's the screen that was by our table. It's not a great picture b/c of course the characters were moving. Crush would come by on each screen in the whole restaurant and talk to the people sitting at the tables. Very cute:




Notice the ketchup on Emma's plate. That's the way our server put it on her plate:




... and the strawberry sauce on my dessert:





After dinner we met up with some friends outside the restaurant. This is Meagan and she and Katie took dancing together for the past few years. Her mom (Marcia) and I struck up conversations and found out that we were both Disney people. They did their first cruise last year, and she convinced me to go on this cruise (b/c that took a whole lot of arm twisting!):







After dinner, we walked on deck and some nice lady offered to take our picture together. Not the best, but one of a few with all four of us in it:





Back to the cabin and our beds were turned down and the girls beds were made. Emma's bunk came out from the ceiling and there were stars above it with Disney characters in it:




That's the end of our first day on the Disney Dream. Tomorrow we land in Nassau, Bahamas!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!