Saturday, June 11, 2011

Castaway Cay and Pirate night (arrrrrgh!)

The 2nd morning of our cruise we landed on Castaway Cay, Disney's private island and this was probably one of our most favorite days. I realized that I didn't take that many pictures while we were there b/c we were busy, busy, busy! I did take some great videos, which are on my You Tube page now.

Here's Katie and I with the traditional morning picture:



Here's Emma in the morning, notice the braids are gone, and she's kinda curly:



Mark and the girls on the beach. We got snorkel equipment and life jackets. We also used these with our Sting Ray encounter.




We ate some amazing BBQ at lunch and ran into Chip and Dale after we ate:





Emma in her Mickey beach braids hat:



This was the beach area. It started out kinda overcast that morning, which made it nice and cool, but the sun eventually did come out:





We sat down by this shop where we got our snorkel equipment and checked in for our sting ray swim:






That night on the ship was pirate night. We actually went to the see the fourth pirate movie while we were on board. This was pretty exciting b/c we didn't think it was going to be playing since it had just opened that weekend. It was awesome!






They did a stage show which included our favorite, Captain Jack Sparrow. He repelled down from the top of this red smoke stack thingy (which I believe is not a real smoke stack thingy). It was amazing. After some song and dance they had a great pirate dance party. I didn't take any pictures or video from that night b/c I had left it in the room. The girls danced until after 11 pm, and we didn't sleep until midnight!

Okay, so I would never normally do this at home, but we did wear matching Mickey pirate shirts for this night. I was told that many people dress up (which they do), and I didn't want to worry about "costumes", but I did get a co-worker of Mark and I's to make these adorable shirts. Katie and Emma had their names on the back too - cheesy, I know!






Lastly, when we finally came back to our room (like, I said, probably around 11:45 or so), we were greeted with a towel monkey! Too cute. Gotta love Disney!






No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!