Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Meeting the princesses and last night on the Dream

The last day of the cruise is an "at sea" day. Basically we had the whole day to play on the ship. One of the things on our to-do list was a meet and greet with the princesses. The characters seem very accessible on the cruise, but the princesses were a hot ticket for sure. This was one of those "psycho-Disney-mom" moments where we got there 30 minutes early and waited for about 45 minutes to see them. It was worth it!

Here is the line up:

Our first princess was Snow White. This is actually the picture I purchased from Disney b/c it came out really cute. (... and since each 5x7 was 10 dollars, I had to choose wisely! - don't even asked me what I paid for the one 8x10)



Belle: (this one cracks me up b/c it looks like Katie 'goosed' her)



Sleeping Beauty:



Princess Tiana - this is the main reason we waited in the long line. My girls have met all the princesses before, but never her. Katie told her that we were from Louisiana 'like her' and she was very impressed:





Ariel (without the fin):





And the "piece de resistance", Cinderella. This is the only one I got of all four of us:





That night we ate at The Royal Palace restaurant. Mark got a beef tenderloin:





Katie's dessert, the "Royal cupcakes":






I just wanted to include a few pics of the food. It was very 'fancy'.


We were seated each night at the same number table (so you didn't have to wait to be seated, you could just find your number), and we were actually seated with another family. They had two girls between Katie and Emma's age and were from Georgia. We had a great time hanging out with them each night, and the girls got along great.


Here is Katie and Emma with Jaycee and Lexie:




Also, on the cruise your servers stay with you each night, so they really get to know you. This is the girls with our head and assisstant servers, Sapto (he was from the Phillipines) and Modesto - and I forget where she was from, sorry). They were really wonderful with the kids:




I spent most of that night packing us up for the next morning. You had to have your bags packed and outside of your room by 10 pm. (this was stressful)




As I am wrapping up this part of vacation (the Cruise), I am realizing there are some 'random' pictures that I haven't posted. I'm going to go through those eventually and post them in a wrap up blog.




No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
My favorite things are LSU, the beach and Disneyworld!